Are you one of those people who wakes up quickly and gets out of bed to get ready for the day right away? Maybe you hit the snooze button a few times, catching a few extra winks? Or maybe you are like me and open your eyes as soon as your alarm goes off, but then continues to spend and extra 10 minutes in bed browsing Instagram before starting your day?
Either way, I find if I have a great breakfast to look forward to in the morning, I tend to have a little more hustle and bustle in my step than normal. Any breakfast, like this California Avocado Breakfast Casserole, will definitely get me moving fast so I can enjoy it!
Dara and I can’t wait to see what recipes you all come up with for our Wake Up Breakfast with California Avocados recipe link up party! Remember, we’re looking for your favorite breakfast recipes featuring California Avocados to be shared from September 19th through October 3rd…and those who participate will have a chance to win $1600 in great prizes! Check out this blog post for complete details. Remember to follow the #CaAvoBreakfast hashtag on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
Now, while you are dreaming up your favorite breakfast recipes, how about I share this California Avocado Breakfast Casserole recipe? Also, make sure to check out the amazing creation of Dara’s…Sweet Potato Hash with Creamy Avocado Sauce. Oh my!
We can’t wait to see what you create!
California Avocado Breakfast Casserole
- 1 8 ounce package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 10 slices cooked bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded hash browns – thawed
- 1 California Avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Lightly spray with cooking spray a 9×13 glass cake pan. Press crescent rolls on bottom and up sides of pan.
- Layer bacon, hash browns, California avocado, and tomatoes on top of crescent roll dough.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Pour egg and milk mixture over the top of other ingredients in the 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Kosher salt and cracked black pepper over to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: I am a compensated member of the California Avocado Ambassador team. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.