California Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
What happens when you use California Avocados instead of mayo in your favorite Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe? Deliciousness!
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 2 ripe California Avocados peeling and pit removed
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt to taste
- pinch black pepper if desired
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 small cucumber coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 Kaiser Rolls
In a blender, combine the California Avocado, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the amount of olive oil (1/4 - 1/2 cup) you desire for the desired texture.
In a separate bowl, combine the rotisserie chicken, cucumber, red onion, dried cranberries and blended avocado mixture. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Spoon chicken salad mixture evenly onto 6 Kaiser Rolls and serve.