Balsamic Chicken and Broccoli Over Farro
A simple, healthy dinner recipe featuring Farro
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins patted dry cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into small florets (stalk removed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Farro cooked in chicken broth
In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat until garlic is light golden in color.
Carefully add the chicken (make sure it's patted completely dry to avoid oil splattering). Cook for 6 minutes, or until the chicken begins to brown.
Add the broccoli florets and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper, to taste.
Turn heat to medium low and stir in balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Stir in the cooked farrow and serve.