Mandarin Pork and Wild Rice
A simple dinner of pork and wild rice!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless pork loin chops 3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package 6.2 ounces fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt.
In a large skillet, brown pork in oil.
Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add water, rice mix with contents of
seasoning packet, onions and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges; heat