Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Kielbasa Sausage
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Kielbasa Sausage can be on your table in minutes. Full of veggies and great nutrients, it's a one-pot meal that has everything you need!
Servings 4 servings
- 12 ounces spaghetti uncooked
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms chopped or sliced
- 1 medium zucchini peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces Kielbasa Sausage (one rope) Sliced into 1/2 inch coins then cut in half
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream increase to 3/4 cup for a thinner sauce
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 large fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
While the spaghetti is cooking, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add the yellow onion and garlic. Sautée for one minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, and sausage. Continuing cooking over medium heat until mushrooms and zucchini are tender (approximately 5 minutes).
Reduce heat to low and add heavy whipping cream and Kosher salt. Stir continuously until the sauce has thickened.
Spoon prepared sauce (will be thick) over the cooked spaghetti and toss. Top with torn basil leaves and cracked black pepper.