Chicken Sausage with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce over Zucchini Noodles
A simple and healthy chicken dish perfect for those busy weeknights.
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Vadilla Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz jar roasted red peppers liquid drained
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For the remaining part of the recipe
- 1 4 pack al frescoAll Natural Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage Links any flavor, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
- 2 Zuchinni Spiraled into zucchini noodles
Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are tender.
Place roasted red peppers, red pepper flakes, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper into the jar of your blender. Carefully add the cooked onion and garlic (including the olive oil). Cover and blend on high until sauce is smooth. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same pan you used for the onions and garlic. Add the sliced al fresco chicken sausage and stir while cooking until chicken sausage is slightly brown and warmed through. Add the spiralized Zucchin to the pani and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Spoon 1/4 to 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper sauce over the zucchini noodles and chicken sausage. Toss and serve immediately.
Remaining roasted red pepper sauce can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.