Italian Sausage and Peppers (adapted from Taste of Home)
Delicious italian sausage and peppers.
- 1 lb Italian sausage cut into 3/4-inch slices (substitute Italian Turkey Sausage for a healthier meal)
- 1 cup corsely chopped fresh bell pepper combo of red, green, yellow or all one color
- 1 small onion thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Hungry for more simple meals featuring Italian Sausage? Check out what these food bloggers are cooking up:
Rustic Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage, Onions and Sage from Kalyn's Kitchen
Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup from My Wooden Spoon
Tomatoes Stuffed with Italian Sausage from French Kitchen in America
Italian Sausage Cacciatore from Big Red Kitchen