Part three of the Breakstone’s Holiday Showdown had us creating a delicious holiday dessert recipe featuring Breakstone’s sour cream.
I love dessert and I especially love over indulging during the holidays, but sometimes it just feels like there is too much food all the time. I kept this in mind when I created my holiday dessert recipe and decided to go with something that isn’t overly heavy and won’t weigh you down at the end of the holiday meal.
Baked Apple Brulee is a dessert with tender, sweet apples and a caramelized sugar and Breakstone’s sour cream sauce. It isn’t your traditional holiday dessert, but I think that this year can be all about starting new traditions, don’t you think?
Head over to the Breakstone’s Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Showdown page each day to cast your vote. Voters will be entered to win a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card. In addition, one lucky voter will win the $2500 grand prize. Voting on the Holiday Showdown entries on the contest page will immediately enter you into the grand prize drawing. Thanks for voting and good luck!
Baked Apple Brulee
- Recipe: Baked Apple Brulee
- 3 large Golden Delicious Apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Breakstone’s Sour Cream
- 4 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel, core and cut apples into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples; sauté 9 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar melts.
- Transfer apples to 4, individual 8-ounce ramekins. Top each ramekin with ¼ cup sour cream then 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar (evenly distributed over the top)
- Broil on high 4 inches from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly and sugar is caramelized.
This is part of a sponsored post series from Breakstone’s Sour Cream and Better Homes and Gardens. I was compensated for my time and ingredients. All opinions expressed are my own.