It’s that time of year again… the time where if you’ll look back over my blogging history, you’ll notice a little dip in emotion in August. I seem to enter a sort of depressed stuporish state of mind.
Why oh why does August seem to come out of nowhere, each and every year? Seems like I just sat down to create our Summer of Fun Bucket List yesterday and here we are now in August! In a little over 2 weeks my kids will be heading back to school. I know a lot of you are ready, but I’m not. I never am. I would keep summer going all year long if I could. They drive me crazy sometimes, but I really do love having my kids home with me. I appreciate the less structured, less harried, fun loving days of summertime.
I hope you all will bear with me over the next couple of weeks if Dine & Dish doesn’t get the attention it deserves. We have about 893,000 really fun things to mark off our summer list that we still haven’t done. I hope to get at least 892,000 of those things accomplished before school starts.
In the meantime, I have some fun giveaways, tasty recipes and cool pictures to share with you over the next week or so. Starting with this recipe I was asked to create with Land O’ Lakes and their Olive Oil and Sea Salt butter. I for one love this stuff just spread on a loaf of French bread, but have now discovered how tasty it is to cook with too!
I simply added Land O Lakes Olive Oil and Sea Salt butter to one of my favorite breakfasts… eggs with beans! Protein packed, filling, and bursting with flavor, this is one breakfast recipe that will get you through your summer of fun bucket list without fail!
Protein Packed Egg and Black Bean Breakfast Scramble
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Olive Oil and Sea Salt Butter
- 1/3 cup yellow onion diced
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 15 oz Bush's Black Beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 small roma tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the Land O Lakes Olive Oil and Sea Salt Butter to the skillet and stir until melted.
- Add diced yellow onions, and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile whip together the eggs and heavy whipping cream. Once completely mixed, add to the skillet. Cook over medium low heat, stirring continuously, until scrambled and cooked through.
- Add the can of Black Beans and the roma tomato. Cook on low for 4 minutes, stirring, until heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with shredded Swiss cheese. Serve warm.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Land O Lakes. I was asked to create a recipe for them and was compensated for my time and ingredients.