It takes one person and one small act to change someones world. Will you be the one to #CareEnough? Here are 20 ideas to get you started!
Sometimes the thought of changing the world is overwhelming. How can my one small act of giving or kindness make a difference? Can buying someones coffee or complimenting a stranger really do much in the whole scheme of things? I’d like to think yes.
I’m often inspired by this quote by Paul Shane Spear, “As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.” Then I’m reminded by changing the world of one person, there’s the chance of a ripple effect, where that person may go on to change the world of another person, and so on. When we show just one person that we #CareEnough, that caring can go on and spread like wildfire. It’s just up to us to start the spark.
My friends at Hallmark recently sent me some #CareEnough challenge cards that have inspired my family to see how far we can spread the caring. We’re sticking these Hallmark Care Challenge cards in the mail, dropping them on doorsteps, placing them on car windshields and more. Through a web of friends and strangers, our hope is that the care challenges that are assigned will be completed then passed on to others to complete as well. The #CareEnough ripple effect can be far and wide and have a huge impact!
Inspired by the Hallmark #CareEnough cards, I decided to challenge you all to my own #CareEnough challenge of sorts. I’ve come up with 20 simple yet awesome challenges for us to show others we #CareEnough. Categorized by home, work, community and long distance, we can do these challenges and hopefully start a ripple effect of our own. Are you in? Here are 20 easy yet awesome ways we can show others we #CareEnough.
- Serve breakfast in bed – wake up a little early and surprise your family with breakfast in bed
- Leave a card or note under a pillow – express your gratitude for the people in your family with a heartfelt note
- Do someone else’s chores – lend a helping hand and do a chore for someone in your family.
- Lend a listening ear – give a family member some uninterrupted, distraction free listening time.
- Say “thank you” – A simple thank you can go a long ways.
- Compliment someones work ethic – tell someone you admire good job.
- Bring in unexpected treats – doughnuts, fruit, cookies…shower your co-workers with treats.
- Help someone with a difficult task – two heads are better than one. Help someone out today.
- Go on a coffee run – be the most liked person in the office by picking up coffee orders for your team.
- Share praise with your boss about a team member – tell your boss how your coworker is rocking their job.
- Hold open a door – it doesn’t take much, but this kind act goes a long ways to show you care enough.
- Leave kind notes on windshields – grab some notecards and write things like “You rock!”, “Have an awesome day”, “Smile!” and leave the notes on car windshields.
- Buy lunch for a stranger – whether it’s someone in need, or just a stranger at the same restaurant, pick up their tab and make their day.
- Give someone flowers – pass out a single bouquet to someone, or grab several individual flowers and pass them out to strangers.
- Volunteer – there are so many organizations needing help.Here’s a site that can help you find the right volunteer opportunity for you.
- Send a card to an author you admire – I imagine book authors don’t hear from their fans a whole lot. Tell someone who wrote a book you loved what it meant to you!
- Buy something off a strangers Amazon wishlist – Type in any first name here – then look at the lists and purchase something small to send to them.
- Send cards to people in the hospital – For kids, send cards to Cards for Hospitalized Kids 7290 W. Devon, Chicago, IL 60631
- Call an out of town relative – it’s always good to hear a loved ones voice over the phone.
- Call a customer service line just to say “Have a Good Day” – imagine all the cranky calls they get. Be different and spread a happy message.
I hope this challenge helps us all to spread some kindness this holiday season. When life starts to overwhelm you and you think you aren’t doing enough, remember one small act of caring brings us all closer to changing the world. It is possible and important so don’t give up. Keep on spreading kindness, doing good, and showing others that you #CareEnough.
Visit Hallmark.com/CareEnough for more ideas on how you can #CareEnough and share your stories, photos and videos.
Disclosure: A special thank you to Hallmark for sponsoring this post. I’m honored to be spreading the good happening at Hallmark right now. All opinions expressed are my own.
I love these, Kristen!!! We love Hallmark ornaments so we are at our Hallmark several times during the holidays…will have to check these out when I go next time!!! <3 <3 Happy Thanksgiving to your family!!
I seriously love this Kristen! I’m all about spreading th the love. I’m printing this out and hanging it up for everyone in the house to see. Happy thanksgiving to your beautiful family!