I didn’t end up creating a menu plan last week because we were out of town over the weekend and I just didn’t get it done. I can tell you that our wallets and waistlines both saw just what failing to plan does… I spent more money eating out and I’m sure that equaled more calories and junk being put in our bodies. I am convinced that planning our menu weekly is definitley the way to stay on track!
Here’s our menu plan for this week, and below that a recipe for Mesquite Taco Soup that I threw together today. It was so good!
I hope you’ll share what’s on your menu as well!
- Sunday: Mesquite Taco Soup (recipe below}
- Monday: Nick’s Best Barbeque Burgers
- Tuesday: Tilapia Fish Tacos (recipe coming soon – I can’t get enough of these!)
- Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Fajitas from Eat at Home Cooks
- Thursday: Chicken Caesar Salad from The Smitten Kitchen
- Friday: Lemon Pepper Shrimp Over Pasta
- Saturday: Chinese Broccoli Beef from Steamy Kitchen
And now for the Mesquite Taco Soup recipe using Bush’s Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans…
Sweet Mesquite Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 21.5 ounce can Bush's Sweet Mesquite Grillin' Beans drained
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning or homemade
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Orzo pasta
Cook Orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, add ground beef and diced onion to a large stock pot. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
While stirring, add chicken broth, beans, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Simmer on low until heated through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Stir in cooked Orzo pasta.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve in bowls. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.