Bread Machine Doughnuts - from Recipezaar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Bread Machine Yeast Breads
- Lighter Fare Yeast Breads
- Hanukkah Yeast Breads
- Measure ingredients into your ABM baking pan.
- Select dough setting and start machine.
- Roll finished dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a 2-1/2 inch donut cutter.
- Let rise, covered, 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Deep fry in fat at 375 degrees.
- Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry until brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels. Either glaze or dust with powdered sugar.