Gorton’s Seafood Simply Baked Shrimp in this Lemon Shrimp Spaghetti Toss recipe makes for a delicious and simple dinner.
I mentioned earlier how much our life has changed lately now that our kids are older. One thing that having teens in the house has afforded Nick and I is more frequent date nights. As much as we love going out on the town for a night out, often times our date night preference is to cook a nice meal in and hanging out at home. We both love to cook, and home is our favorite place, so date nights in tend to be our norm.
Sometimes on our date nights in we like to spend a lot of time cooking, other times we go for something simple. Gorton’s Seafood Simply Bake Shrimp is a great choice for a simple date night in. Their chef inspired recipes bring in a special touch to date night in and the ease of just putting it in the oven gives us time to relax while dinner is cooking.
Last week I had the opportunity to attend a Taste of Italy homemade pasta making class. After making the homemade pasta, we spent some time making sauce for the pasta and I discovered that in authentic Italian cooking, they keep the sauce incredibly simple. The pasta is typically just tossed lightly in the sauce and it’s amazing. Inspired by the Taste of Italy class and Gorton’s Seafood Simply Bake Shrimp, this recipe with a simple lemon sauce pairs perfectly with the shrimp.
Check out the simple date night recipe below and look for Gorton’s Seafood Simply Baked Shrimp products in your freezer aisle. It’s a great way to make date night in extra special. Enjoy!
Lemon Shrimp Spaghetti Toss
- 1 box Gorton's Seafood Simply Baked Shrimp Shrimp Scampi variety
- 3 ounces cooked spaghetti (2 servings)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon basil minced
- pinch Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper freshly cracked, to taste
- Bake Gorton's Seafood Simply Baked Shrimp according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic and green onions in melted butter until tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and basil. Add cooked spaghetti and shrimp, Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Gorton’s Seafood Simply Baked Shrimp. For more recipe ideas featuring Gorton’s Seafood, visit their website.