I missed the deadline, darnit! Paul’s Big Burger Ballyhoo is an event I wanted to enter and I just noticed that the deadline was midnight last night. I’m going to try to sneak this in… maybe he’ll let me squeak by!
I just wanted to write a quick post about our favorite way to make a burger. These are so moist and delicious…full of flavor and really simple to put together. We switch these up sometimes by adding red pepper or garlic salt in place of salt. They are always fantastic!
The photo is an old one… not one of my best, but despite their looks, these are so good!
Cheddar Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 hamburger buns split
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix together by hand. Form into 6 patties, and wrap two slices of bacon around each one in both directions. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Place patties on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Remove toothpicks before serving on hamburger buns.