An AMAZING gooey, cheesy Pepperoni Pizza bread made with King’s Hawaiian Bread. It’s a Super Bowl Appetizer recipe fit for a King…or a Bronco or a Seahawk!
I’m going to admit something right now… I may have had to google to see who is playing in the Super Bowl this coming Sunday night. Pretty bad, right?
Oh how I love the food of the Super Bowl season, but I just never can quite make myself get hyped up about the big game. When I hear the “Are You Ready For Some F…” I end it with food, instead of football. And if I didn’t end it with football I’d fill in the blank with Super Bowl commercials. The Super Bowl commercials and awesome food at Super Bowl parties totally get me through.
Friends… I am here with THE Super Bowl appetizer of the season. I’m not kidding. If you want a recipe that gets everyones attention… the food that makes everyone peel their eyes away from cutie pie Peyton Manning, then this Pepperoni Pizza King’s Hawaiian Bread is it with a capital I.
Made with a fluffy, slightly sweet loaf of King’s Hawaiian Bread, this recipe.. I just can’t even tell you how much you’ll love it because I don’t even have the words. Just trust me and make it. The best part? It is soooo easy! It’s quick to make so you won’t miss any of the important parts of the football game…or commercials. Enjoy!
Recipe: Pepperoni Pizza King’s Hawaiian Bread
- 1 1- pound round loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 1/2 cup finely shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 1/2 cup pepperoni chopped
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Oregano chopped
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-inch slices to within 1 inch of the bottom, being certain not to cut all the way through. Repeat cuts in opposite direction until you have 1 inch cubes of bread, still connected together at the base of the loaf.
- Distribute 1 cup of mozzarella cheese through the bread.. stuff it down in between each cube. Do the same with the pepperoni.
- Mix together melted butter and oregano. Pour over the entire loaf of bread, evenly.
- Wrap the loaf in tin foil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and unwrap from the tin foil. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the loaf. Place uncovered, under broiler in the oven on high for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve as a pull apart bread with optional pizza sauce for dipping.
Disclosure: King’s Hawaiian hired me to develop recipes using their products and to share them with Dine & Dish readers. For more King’s Hawaiian Super Bowl appetizer recipes, visit their recipe page. Thanks for supporting the brands that help to make Dine & Dish possible.