This delicious breakfast omelet post is sponsored by Wholly Guacamole
There are moments in life when you are kind of dumbfounded. When Wholly Guacamole contacted me about creating a breakfast recipe using their pre-packaged guacamole that is made with fresh avocados, I was stumped… who eats guacamole for breakfast?
Well, it turns out, I do! Who knew?
It was one of those moments when I thought… I have avocados for and with my breakfast all the time. Why wouldn’t guacamole be a breakfast food too?
I actually chose to use one of Wholly Guacamole’s Wholly Avocado mini packs to create a most delicious omelet. With eggs, simple spices, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes and peppers, this was one amazing way to start the day!
Wholly Guacamole is made from fresh Haas avocados. They don’t fill their products full of preservatives to keep it from browning. Instead they use a special high pressure packaging process so the guacamole stays airtight. It’s a pretty cool way to have fresh avocados in your kitchen, all year round, even if you aren’t in California!
To make this omelet, you use my favorite method for making omelets (skillet, cooktop then broil – will change your omelet making ways!). It’s soooo good!
My friends at Wholly Guacamole would love to give FOUR lucky Dine & Dish readers the chance to win a fabulous prize package! Three entrants will win a $25 Wholly Guacamole Coupon and ONE winner will receive a cooler full of fresh Wholly Guacamole products. Make sure to check out the PromoSimple widget out below the recipe to enter! Enjoy!
Rock the Guac Omelet
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 Tablespoons Wholly Guacamole
- 2 Tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 Tablespoons chopped bell pepper any variety
- 2 Tablespoons grated Colby Jack cheese
- In a small oven proof skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- In the meantime whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and water. Pour whisked eggs into skillet.
- Allow to cook 1-2 minutes until beginning to firm around the edges.
- Add the Wholly Guacamole and chopped vegetables and shredded cheese to the right half of the omelet.
- Place the skillet underneath the broiler in your oven for 60-90 seconds until omelet starts to firm and veggies soften. Remove from oven.
- Place back on stovetop and cook until omelet is cooked through, approximately 30 seconds to a minute more.
- Fold omelet over, place on a serving dish and top with Wholly Guacamole and remaining chopped tomatoes.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wholly Guacamole. I was compensated for my time in creating a recipe and sharing it on Dine & Dish plus given product to work with. All opinions expressed are my own.