Amp up sandwich night with these Southwest Avocado Chicken Panini Sandwiches featuring fresh California Avocados.
Sandwich night is a common thing in our house. Sandwiches are quick, filling and portable – which for a busy family on the go is key!
One way to amp up sandwich night is by breaking out your panini press. I seem to go in spurts with using our panini press…I sometimes forget all about it, but then when I use it I’m quickly reminded what an awesome little appliance it is. There’s something about a toasted panini sandwich to really make sandwich night great!
This Southwest Avocado Chicken Panini is one of my favorite sandwiches to make for a couple of reasons. First of all, the flavors blend together so nicely to make an amazing chicken panini. Secondly, it’s quick and easy – the chicken can be made ahead of time and then assembled as a sandwich and pressed whenever you are ready to eat. I love meals that can be done ahead of time – especially on busy nights. Instead of just slapping a couple pieces of cold cuts onto some bread, this sandwich can be made with just a little bit more effort but incredible results.
If you love sandwich night as much as we do, but are looking to take it to the next level, I highly recommend getting a panini press and making these Southwest Avocado Chicken Panini Sandwiches!
Southwest Avocado Chicken Panini Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenderloins
- 2 ripeCalifornia Avocados pit and peeling removed
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- For the chicken:
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, chili powder, salt and paprika. Rub over both sides of the chicken.
- Place coconut oil in a large skilled and heat to medium. Carefully add chicken, cooking for 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- For the panini sandwiches:
- Place California Avocados, chopped tomatoes, salt, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mash together until smooth.
- Assemble each sandwich by spreading an even amount of avocado mixture on 4 slices of bread. Next, layer red peppers, cooked chicken, cheese then top with the other slice of bread.
- Warm up your panini press and spray with cooking spray. Add each sandwich individually and press. Cook for approximately 5 minutes each, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a brand ambassador for California Avocados. For more quick and easy recipes featuring California Avocados, check out the recipe page of their website!