Old Fashioned Banana Pudding Ice Cream is like having your favorite pudding as a cool, frozen treat!
First of all today, I’m going to tell you that this is probably the most amazing homemade ice cream I have ever tasted. Ever. In my life.
It was so good that I had to have neighbor kids over to eat it so that it would be out of my house. It was too dangerous and I was too tempted to sit down and devour the entire batch myself.
Second, I’m just teasing you here and am not sharing the recipe. Wait… don’t get mad! You can still get the recipe, you just have to head over to my friend Brandy’s blog, Nutmeg Nanny. I’m participating in her August Ice Cream Social and I promise you’ll find the recipe all ready for you over there. I hope you’ll go check it out!
And while I have you here, I want to introduce you to a my friend, a talented blogger / business owner… Jordan, from I’m With Cupcake. Jordan has the most adorable items in store for you, perfect for your next ice cream party or food photo shoot! Make sure to stop by I’m With Cupcake today!
I hate sending you away, but also love sharing my friends with you as well. Enjoy!
(Ahhhh I was afraid after all these years that I might lose this banana pudding ice cream recipe so decided to add it below for you as well. My son would probably kill me if it ever went away and I couldn’t remember it!)
Old Fashioned Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons instant banana pudding mix
- 2 small bananas sliced
- 1 cup vanilla wafers coarsely chopped
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the whipping cream, milk and eggs. Slowly add the sugar, lemon juice and Kosher salt. Finally, add the instant banana pudding mix and blend well.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the small banana slices and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into the freezer bowl of your electric ice cream maker. Turn on and freeze according to the manufactures directions. During the final 10 minutes of freezing, add the coarsely chopped vanilla wafers.
- Remove frozen ice cream. Serve immediately or place in a freezer proof ice cream container and serve when ready.