When someone asks me what my favorite tip is to simplify mealtime, besides menu planning, my answer would be to let breakfast save dinner.
Breakfast saves dinner around our house quite often. In fact, even though I’ve been trying my hardest to stick to a weekly menu plan, there are times in our real life where a meal I have planned isn’t going to get made. Either I’m too tired or not in the mood for what’s on the plan or I just don’t want to cook something complicated…whatever it is it is nights like that where breakfast saves dinner.
One of my favorite breakfast items to dress up for dinner is quiche. Do you make quiche often? It is a versatility masterpiece in the kitchen. You can literally whip up your eggs and throw whatever ingredients you want into them, toss it into a crust, bake it and before you know it you have a delicious, filling dinner on the table.
There is something about breakfast foods at dinner that just seems more simple than whipping out a full on dinner recipe. Take Pancakes, French Toast, Omelets, or even just bacon and eggs… throw in a side of fruit and you can have a well rounded dinner on the table without a lot of effort.
The next time you are struggling to get dinner on the table, turn your day around and let breakfast save dinner. At our house, breakfast is often the super hero that swoops in and saves the day. If you are in a dinnertime rut, let breakfast save your dinner too.
Simple Spinach Quiche
- 1 prepared pie crust for a 9 inch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with crust. Flute edges.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until knife entered into the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
This post is part of BlogHer’s Dinner, Faster editorial series, made possible by Land o’ Lakes.