Beef and Swiss Roasted Asparagus Bundles, featuring Oscar Mayer Select Naturals Slow Roasted Roast Beef, are a wonderful spring appetizer or simple lunch!
Oh friends, I am so itching for spring to get here, aren’t you? It’s starting to stay lighter, longer in the evening, the last couple of mornings birds have been chirping outside my window, and asparagus is starting to show up in our supermarkets again! I absolutely love that with the springtime season comes asparagus season! It’s one of my favorite vegetables.
Now, I may be jumping the gun on spring a little this year. The asparagus at the store is still pretty wimpy…not like the big, hearty stalks that will be here in the next month or two…but still. I just can’t resist it!
So, if you can’t tell by my profession of spring love above, I’ve been day dreaming about asparagus lately.
This roasted asparagus recipe I’m sharing today is being elevated to a higher status with the help of Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Roast Beef as well as Swiss cheese. These bundles of goodness must make an appearance on your table, soon. I think they would be a fantastic little appetizer for Easter or you can do what I do and whip up a few for lunch when you want something quick and delicious.
I chose Oscar Mayer Selects Natural for these asparagus bundles because I wanted quality cold cuts that have no artificial ingredients and still taste delicious. I wanted an ingredient that would compliment my favorite veggie well, and these cold cuts certainly do.
I chose to wrap the asparagus in the Slow Roasted Roast Beef, but any of the varieties of Oscar Mayer Selects Natural products would work just as well. In addition to the roast beef, you can choose from Slow Roasted Turkey, Applewood Smoked Turkey, Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken and Applewood Smoked Ham. Whatever flavor combination you love best works with this recipe.
What I love the most about this recipe is you can customize it to make as many or as few as you need. For lunch, I make a smaller batch of roasted asparagus and am able to cook up enough for just me. If I want to make enough for a crowd, I simply adjust my ingredients accordingly, roasting only as much asparagus as I need. It’s about as simple as you can get, and the results are delicious!
3 of these Beef and Swiss Roasted Asparagus Bundles is a serving, so you can adapt the recipe to meet however many people you are cooking for, simply by adjusting the recipe by 3’s. It’s that simple! Enjoy!
Beef and Swiss Roasted Asparagus Bundles Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 36 stalks asparagus bottom 1/4 inch of stalks removed
- pinch of Kosher salt
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 slices Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Roast Beef deli meat
- 12 teaspoons shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place asparagus on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus stalks. Stalks should be soft to the touch, and slightly crispy on the edges when done.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven.
- For each bundle, lay out one slice of roast beef, top with 1 teaspoon shredded Swiss cheese, then place 3 stalks of roasted asparagus on top. Roll up the asparagus inside the roast beef slice. Continue until you have 12 bundles on your baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 3 minutes, or until roast beef is warm and cheese is melted.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Oscar Mayer Selects Natural. I prefer Oscar Mayer Selects Natural because these products are made with no artificial ingredients, and are minimally processed. Selects Natural has no artificial preservatives (the back side of each package lists the ingredients used to preserve quality), no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no gluten and no by-products. For more information, be certain to visit the Oscar Mayer Selects Natural website. Thank you for supporting the brands who help make Dine & Dish possible.
Liz @ The Lemon Bowl says
Ok this is like the perfect lunch or snack. I could eat these all day!! I can’t wait for spring too. We are so close friend!
Kristen, have you tried reheating these? I have only a microwave at work….I’m going to give it a try anyway!