This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to the winner, Renee Simmons!
I’ve been complaining a lot about the weather lately. I mean, do you blame me? Snow in May? That’s a bunch of craziness! I’m so ready for spring like weather… flip flops, warm sunshine, outdoor patio playing, chalk drawing, driving with the windows down and music blaring… all of that. Having my heater on in May is not my idea of spring!
Luckily, my friends at Pillsbury have come up with some tasty spring like cake mix and frosting flavors – so even when it’s cold and dreary outside, it can be bright and sunshiny in your kitchen!
I’m trying to look at the bright side (pun intended)… there are certainly some fun ways to celebrate crazy weather without letting it ruin your plans. When you want a sunny day, but the rain is falling down, head outside with rain boots, umbrellas and jackets and jump in the puddles! Another idea is to plan an indoor picnic. Spread a blanket on your living floor and enjoy your indoor picnic! The good news – it’ll hopefully be ant free! Finally, to bring a little sunshine in your life on an otherwise rainy day, embrace it and bake something that reminds you of spring weather – like this Blackberry Lime Cake!
Pillsbury Baking seasonal mixes & frostings wants to share some spring like baking fun with one lucky Dine & Dish reader!
One lucky Dine & Dish reader will win:
· One box each Summer Seasonal Cake & Cookie Mixes
· Frostings (1 each of Creamy Supreme Key Lime and Creamy Supreme Orangesicle)
· $50 dollar Visa or American Express gift card
· Total estimated giveaway value: $60
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post sharing your favorite rainy day weather activity!
For additional entries, share a link with info about this giveaway on any of your social media outlets. Return to this post and leave a comment letting me know where it was shared. Each place you share it will grant you an additional entry. Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc are all great places to spread the giveaway love! You can easily share by using the buttons at the end of this post.
Entries must be received by midnight CST on Friday, May 17th, 2013. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and notified via valid email address.
Now, on to the recipe:
Blackberry Lime Sunshine Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box Pillsbury Key Lime Cake Mix cooked according to package directions.
- 1 3 oz package black cherry gelatin or blackberry if your store carries it
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional blackberries for garnish
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using 2 9-inch round cake pans. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice water and stir. Place bowl in ice water for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in blackberries and 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Place bottom layer of cake on a large cake server.
- Spread half of gelatin mixture on top of bottom cake layer. Then, top with remaining cake layer. Top with additional gelatin mixture. Complete by topping with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with blackberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Disclosure: This post and giveaway is sponsored by Pillsbury. All opinions expressed are my own.