Chocolate Almond Picnic Bars are like a fudge filled brownie, amped up! Topped with Fisher Naturals Sliced Almonds, Pretzels, and Chocolate Chips, this is the recipe for your chocolate cravings!
The end of summer… I always have such grand plans for big end of summer bashes, picnics and fun with all our friends before school starts. Then, the school start date creeps up on us and I realize as much as I don’t want summer to end, I’m too exhausted from summer to host anything fun and festive!
If I were to host an end of summer party, this Chocolate Almond Picnic Bars recipe would definitely make the dessert menu. With three layers of chocolatey goodness, these bars won’t steer you wrong, I promise.
The bottom layer of this bars recipe is like a soft and chewy brownie, the middle layer is similar to a layer of thick, hot fudge and the top layer is my favorite. It’s a thin layer of brownie loaded with Fisher Naturals sliced almonds, pretzels and milk chocolate chips. Sweet, salty and oh so good!
My favorite way to eat these in the summer is to bake them up, then put them in the freezer. If I’m taking them someplace warm, I’ll just take them frozen and by the time I get to where I’m going, the consistency is perfection. I also like to eat these picnic bars warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmmmm! I wish I had one in front of me right now to nibble on. They are so good!
If you still have the energy to host a big end of summer bash, then make sure you bookmark this bars recipe for dessert! Either way, these are great to make just for you too…eat as much as you’d like, then put them in the freezer for future chocolate cravings. You won’t regret it! Enjoy!
I love to use Fisher nuts in my recipes because they are preservative free! Click over and check out other great recipes featuring Fisher nuts on their website.
Chocolate Almond Picnic Bars Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup Fisher Naturals sliced almonds
- 1 cup pretzels broken up
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and cocoa. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs. Reserve 1 1/2 cup of this mixture for topping.
- Prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until melted.
- Carefully spread over cooked crust.
- Combine reserved crumb mixture with Fisher Naturals sliced almonds, pretzel pieces and remaining chocolate chips. Sprinkle over chocolate layer. (It may be in larger clumps, just distribute evenly over chocolate layer in the 9x13 pan).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is set. Cool before cutting.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.