Better Cheddar Burgers will amp up burger night with Certified Angus Beef® Brand ground beef and your favorite shredded cheddar cheese! This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I love summer for a lot of reasons, but one of the big reasons is in our house, summer = burger season! We have burgers many times a week during the summer and honestly, I could eat them many times a week more. They are one of my favorite foods during this time of year. I pretty much stink at grilling, but my husband? He’s an absolute grill master and burgers are his specialty. I need to take lessons from him, but it’s actually kind of nice handing over the dinner reigns every once in awhile.
These Better Cheddar Burgers made with Certified Angus Beef® Brand ground beef and Pepper Jack Cheese are absolute burger perfection. Really, you could use any variety of shredded cheddar cheese, but cheese with a kick really make these Better Cheddar Burgers stand out!
Although you can use any variety of cheese for this burger recipe, I recommend for the absolute best quality burgers to use Certified Angus Beef® Brand ground beef. They have the highest standards for beef, which means the end result will be the best quality burgers you’ll be able to taste the difference in in every bite. Once you try Certified Angus Beef Brand there’s no turning back because no other beef product will quite compare.
What to serve with Better Cheddar Burgers
Better Cheddar Burgers taste good with just about any side. A few of my favorite side dishes with burgers are:
- The Best Baked Beans from The Girl Who Ate Everything blog
- Twice Baked Potatoes from The Cookie Rookie
- Cowboy Beans from South Your Mouth
- Corn on the Cob from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Build a Better Burger Resources:
Before I share this Better Cheddar Burger recipe with you, I wanted to share with you two great resources for making sure your burgers come out amazing every time! Maybe with some help from these pages, I’ll become the burger master in our family.
- Check out the Certified Angus Beef® Brands website for a ton of mouth watering burger recipes
- Follow the Certified Angus Beef® Kitchen Facebook page for monthly cook alongs and live videos filled with great tips and recipes
Now for the Better Cheddar Burger recipe you’ve been waiting for. Happy grilling and enjoy!
Better Cheddar Burgers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer Cabot Firey Jack Shredded Cheese)
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
- Preheat grill to Medium heat
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded cheddar cheese, diced onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix together by hand. Form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on the grill, and cook for 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Serve on 6 split hamburger buns with desired fresh toppings.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.