This tasty recipe is brought to you by Bush’s Beans
Black Bean, Corn and Cheese Quesadillas make an easy and tasty weeknight, meatless meal!
Hate might be a strong word, so I’ll change that to really dislike. When I make a recipe that is a quick weeknight meal that my entire family loves, but my pictures turn out looking like something less than delicious, I get annoyed. I’m afraid you’ll take one look at the pictures and say “Nope… that food is ugly! I don’t want to make that, pin that, share that, etc.”
This one time, don’t judge a recipe by its picture! Honestly, Bush’s black and refried black beans and corn with salsa and gooey, melted cheese smashed between two tortillas isn’t pretty. I’ll admit that. But friends, this recipe was beyond easy, plus really quick to put together and it tasted really good. I’d hate for you to miss out!
You’ve given my ugly crockpot garlic chicken legs a chance – they are part of Dine & Dish’s most popular posts of all time! Maybe these Black Bean and Corn Cheese Quesadillas will join the ranks… of ugly food loved by all.
Black Bean, Corn and Cheese Quesadillas
- 1 15 ounce can BUSH’S® Black Beans drained
- 1 16 ounce can BUSH’S® Refried Black Beans
- 2 cups corn niblets cooked
- 1 1/2 cups salsa mild or spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese mix
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Empty the 2 cans of beans into a bowl. Add corn niblets, salsa and cayenne pepper. Stir together until ingredients are mixed together evenly.
- Spread mixture evenly on 6 tortillas; top each with cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges and serve with remaining salsa and sour cream on the side for dipping.
Disclosure: I’m thankful to be a 2013-2014 Brand Ambassador for Bush’s Beans. I have been compensated for my time and ingredients, yet all opinions expressed are my own.