Chewy Chocolate Cookie Bites are the perfect bad day chocolate craving cure!
I had a bad dad today. I won’t even get into it here… if you are that curious, check out the other section of my blog (Dine and Dish Family Style) and you’ll get the complete scoop.
What does a gal like me turn to on days like this? OK…let me rephrase this. What does a gal like me turn to on days like this besides a margarita? One word… CHOCOLATE! Kate over at Kate in the Kitchen posted a chocolate cookie recipe sure to cure any chocolate craving you might have. Kiss a bad day, pms, foul mood, or just plain chocolate craving goodbye when you try these tasty little morsels. They are so soft, chocolatey without being overbearing, and a nice little treat for the chocolate lover in you.
If you love chocolate like I do (and really, who are you if you don’t?) you’ll want to give Kate’s awesome recipe a try. It’s the perfect chocolate goodness all ready to help you kiss your bad day chocolate cravings goodbye!
With Kate’s permission, I’m posting the recipe here. Enjoy!
Chewy Chocolate Cookie Bites Recipe
- 4 squares Bakers unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks butter no subs or all of the above mentioned will fail, trust me
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat (or use double boiler) until only small pieces remain.
- Remove from heat and stir gently to melt completely.
- Stir in sugar, blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape into 1″ balls and place on greased cookie sheets about 2″ apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until just set. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet about a minute then transfer to wire racks.
- *My only adaptation was to cook for 10 minutes. My oven is odd and bakes randomly*
Looking for more cookie goodness? Check out my recipe index for lots of cookie love!