This scallops recipe is so simple, yet delicious enough for company!
Scallops are one of those things I’ve always been a bit nervous to cook at home. For some reason, because they aren’t the least expensive type of seafood, I felt they were better kept for enjoying at restaurants. Boy was I wrong!
A few months ago I discovered the Jumbo Sea Scallops in the freezer aisle at Trader Joe’s. Since I’m in Kansas, getting fresh scallops is next to impossible, but finding frozen scallops that are high quality, taste as good as fresh and are reasonably priced is a possibility now. I’m so happy!
Since the discovery of the Trader Joe’s Jumbo Scallops, I’ve overcome my fear of cooking scallops at home and have discovered how great they can be for a quick meal! Take this simple scallops recipe as an example. It’s so easy and quick – it makes a great weeknight dinner or it even is a great scallops recipe for company.
As delicious as scallops are over pasta, I have to say I really love them even more over zucchini noodles (or zoodles). If you need a quick primer on the best way to make Zucchini Noodles, Ali has some great tips! The sauce from this scallops recipe combined with the cooked zucchini noodles and scallops is such a perfect combination. I hope you’ll give it a try and will love it as much as I do! Enjoy!
If you are looking for a great vegetable spiralizer, I highly recommend this one
Also – there’s just something special about this San Francisco Salt Co. Ultimate Blend gourmet salt paired with seafood. Definitely give it a try!
Simple Scallops Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon San Francisco Salt Co Ultimate Blend Salt or 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Pat dry scallops with a paper towel.
- In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with salt. Dip scallops in crumb mixture to coat both sides. Shake off excess crumb.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice and garlic to same pan; bring to a boil.
- Place scallops over sautéed zucchini noodles and drizzle sauce over scallops; serve immediately.